Monday, February 15, 2021

The Pop International


It's April  2020 where I'm typing this.
Still in lockdown.
Still alive and kind of bored.
So I will post some more.
You're welcome.






An Evening Out (1996)

Brincando de Deus were from Brazil. It's not the first place to pop into your mind when you think of jangly indiepop, but there it is.

And it's quite a good example of what the middle of the 90s had to offer.

They did release a few full lengths but they go for a lot more than I'm willing to spend on Discogs but given the rarity and quality, I don't fully doubt that they're worth it.

This particular record was released by Quiddity and I bought it as part of my gathering up a complete discography of the label. Mission happily accomplished.











My Tailor is Rich (1996)



Meanwhile in Limoges, France the band that called itself Caramel recorded this little seven inch in English and French for Harriet Records and which seems to have been their swan song release. I'm still working on getting all the releases on Harriet.

No comments:

Post a Comment