Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Another One Just Because


I need to blow my nose.

And it's an accidentally Maryland post today.
It was unintentional, but it's nice when things come together like that.

If you've been following along at home I can tell you right now that it's somewhere around here in the Swinging Singles Club "To Post" folder that my vinyl collecting and listening pleasure turned to almost exclusively 90s - early 00s indiepop.

If I've survived the COVID-19, expect a lot of that shit in the coming months.
You're welcome or forewarned whichever fits.





Bright Coloured Lights (2000)

Ok, released in 2000, but the recordings date to  1992, so there's that.

It's one of the hundreds of bands that Pam Berry was part of and as is the case with all of them, I like it enough that you get the insert. But by now you already know that. It also explains the origin of these particular recordings, so you get that too. Of note is the English spelling of "Coloured". So Continental.


Listen at volume.






One Wish Too Many (1991)


Our American Cousins have a "Write to" address of Frederick, MD and named themselves after the play that Abraham Lincoln was watching at Ford's Theater the night he was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. The band however make loud brash pop songs. I picked it up at Jigsaw Records when they were still in Seattle. Chris recommended it. He was not incorrect to do so. (though I'm not putting up the insert for this one)

I also didn't intend to post this now since I have another of their singles apparently and I should have waited until I had that ready and posted them together as a pair. This explains why this one's been languishing in the folder for a while.

If you like it then I suppose you have something to look forward to in a long while whence I finally get around to the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment