Thursday, September 23, 2021

I'm a Bit Behind

 I've been kind of wasting my time lately. The need to unstress from work these days is pretty fucking overwhelming, so I end up turning my brain off and playing video games for hours at a time. Long hours where I leave all the adulting and such on the backburner.

So here we are.

I had set up some posts the last stretch off to take me out until the next one. And when I looked yesterday I noticed that the last of them had already posted and I was a couple of days away from missing a post in the seven plus years I've been doing this.

Can't let that happen. I want to be nothing but at least consistent.
Plus there's only about three gigs left of space on that Mediafire account. When it's full I'm gonna go back and delete the files backwards one gig at a time. There's still a while to go before I need to do that, but it's a heads up.
(I know I could open more storage accounts, but I really don't feel like it and those things have already been up for a lifetime in internet terms. It's time to move on.)

So with that being reiterated. 



Alpha Romeo (1982)


Dangerous Birds

The band including a young Thalia Zedek who would go onto forming Uzi and then Come.

But that's beside the point as far as I'm concerned really.
I just love the song "Alpha Romeo"
I played the shit out of it when I got it way back in high school. It was a staple of compilation tapes made for girls. It's a great fucking pop song.

The only time I for sure remember seeing them live (though it's possible they played on or another all ages shows I attended but don't remember) is when they were one of the openers for the infamous afternoon All Ages show at the Bradford Ballroom for the final Boston appearances of Mission of Burma.

Yeah, that was a hell of a day.

I managed to grab a poster off the wall on my way out after having survived the experience and recently because I'm a posh bastard and middle aged person had it adequately framed. 

The Captain looks on approvingly.



11.13.81 (1981)

Not much I could come up with about the Roys.
There's some live footage on YouTube, but nothing particularly enlightening.

It's guitar based New Wave stuff like your mother used to dance around to in her underwear to in her high school bedroom. Or was that just  me....




2 comments:

  1. Very jealous that you got to see the Dangerous Birds. I love both sides of that single. Wish there was more of their music out there besides these two songs and "Emergency" on one of the Propeller compilations.

    You got me curious about The Roys, especially with them being from Atlanta. It looks like they made two singles and an album for a Stiff Records subsidiary called Gates Of Heaven.

    http://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/label/gates-of-heaven

    I recognize their drummer from the back cover of the LP. He is credited as "Frog", but his full stage name was Frog Jaguar Melonball. He played in a few other Atlanta bands, including The Coolies and a great blues band called the Mighty Fine Slabs.

    ReplyDelete