Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tipsy

 

I'm a bit tipsy from a very strong gin and tonic that I made for myself while digitizing yet more Duke Ellington bootleg radio transcriptions. Just great stuff.

But in the meantime, until I figure out what to eventually do with them

Here's something completely different....
.


Nothing La-di-da (1993)


I don't even remember why I picked these up.
 
Probably a combo of it being on Elefant , a Spanish indiepop label and it being cheap enough to take a risk on.

It was worth it.


 

Somer-Runner (1994)

I can't find much right now about this band that called itself the Lovelies from Portsmouth in the UK (not be confused with another band with the same name that hailed from Milwaukee) except the bio on the Elefant page for them which compares them to Wedding Present.

I can sort of hear it, but they remind me somewhat more of Yeah Yeah Noh, personally. (which admittedly is probably a pretty obscure reference for most people, but it's what I think of and you have some Youtubing to do which you probably won't regret.) I think it's in the vocals...)


No comments:

Post a Comment