Sunday, August 2, 2015

I've Been Busy.

For the handful of folks who occasionally frequent this page, I missed where a couple of posts should have gone. It happens. I've got shit to do. We went out of town and work has been pretty nuts in an entirely different way as I train into new areas.

The plus side is that I scored a bunch of New Old Stock copies of things on the long ago defunct Akron Ohio label Clone Records that at some point will start trickling down into this shithole of a blog in the future whenever I get around to it or they pop up in the box as I  thumb my through it. You can wait. You don't care. You want stuff to listen to without the fuss of having to pick through hundreds of shitty records to find the gem.

Not everything I post is a gem. There's a lot of half assed turd polishing that happens. Delete is always an option.

So while I toil away figuring out what all else I want to put up here have some more Dentists.



I don't actually have a physical copy of this 12" Ep, but I recreated it from the same songs as released on the compilation "Beer Bottles & Bannister Symphonies". Unlike some people, I kind of balk at purchasing redundancies for the collection. Records are heavy and I'll have to move at some point.

  

This was their mostly penultimate release before being snagged up by a major label. The sound is evolving, yo. They're maturing as artists.  The 80's are slowly coming to a squeaky close and Grunge is now on the horizon. Jangly Pop music was becoming unhep. Reagan was at the end of his term and we were stuck choosing between Bush, sr. and Michael Dukakis for "Leader of the  Free World". Yeah, it was a really shit time to be alive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment