Saturday, August 22, 2015

I'm feeling beneficent

I woke up this morning after a rather longer than I was scheduled for week partially refreshed. (I slept in. I got up at 6am rather than 4am.) And I looked and the last post that popped up was five days ago and the next one not until tomorrow.

Like a spoiled baby I want a post for right fucking now because I'm a giving person and I'm getting ready to buy some new things because I worked overtime and totally deserve nice things.

Here's some seven inches by Crude.

 Desert Storms (1995)

 Crude is essentially the SS Matt Middleton and all who sail with him. The labels most often used for his discography over at our good friends Discogs are "Experimental", "Noise", "Industrial" and our old friend "Avant-garde"
 It's still rock and roll to me. He plays the clarinet sometimes.




Both of these bad boys are lathe cut discs, hand crafted in ridiculously low numbers (I don't really remember. Under 50 I'm pretty sure.) in the lovely land of New Zealand by Trinder records.

 They were also mastered at a whisper so in order for them to play back at a volume reasonable for our modern hustle and bustle times I had to quadruple it when I turned the vinyl into ones and zeros. It's going to be hissier is what I'm trying to say, but since they are Avantgarde Industrial Experimental Noise type records it only adds to the charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment