Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cities (1979) : Seattle and San Francisco cont.

Coincidences abound today.

The last post was of the Blackouts who started in Seattle and ended up in San Francisco. The next thing I have to post is of bands from both those places. I'll bet they all knew each other. Probably shared bills in dingy little clubs playing to a couple dozen disinterested people together. Maybe even hung out. It is a pretty small world after all if one is to believe animatronic dolls at amusement parks.


If it matters, the Cheaters were the starting point for Kurt Bloch who would go on from here to form the Fastbacks who would go on to make some fine pop punk for the couple of decades. B-side is the winner for me on this one, but you know, that's just like, my opinion, man.


First issue by San Fran's Breakouts. They're more or less a bit of a mystery to me and I couldn't find much in the five minutes I spent looking. Apparently this seems to be their best release. Loud and sloppy and poorly recorded and the punk rock fan favorite over the other releases that I neither have nor am willing to spend the money for. (The three copies of  this for sale on Discogs start at $200)
 I paid a single dollar for my copy. I feel like I got my money's worth.



No comments:

Post a Comment