Saturday, March 7, 2015

Another Day Another Waste of Time

There seem to be a few folks who have discovered my uneven and splotchy little plot of earth on the internet and occasionally pluck from it some of the fruits of my labors. In the end it seems mostly like a bit of a waste of time, but I do it anyways. Just because.

I dunno. Maybe it's just good to keep my typing skills in good working order.



Baby Opaque were from Charlottesville,Virginia. There's some stuff to found on the web for interested parties. Or you can just listen to it yourself and come to your own conclusions. I quite like this. It's a bit messed up in all the right ways that make me happy. I'm hungry right now too. I may have a Poptart. Strawberry. Mmm. Strawberry...




The Outnumbered were from Champaign, Illinois & released this 45 and three lps between 1983 & 1987. But what they're mostly known for, if they're known for anything, is that they were the first band for Pansy Division front man Jon Ginoli. This band is a jangly pop affair which is decent enough, with some high school notebook level lyrics. Unfortunately from my perspective, Ginoli's vocals aren't quite up to the task of jangly pop and I can't help but think of a far too earnest Dead Milkmen without the sense of humor. But you know, that's just like my opinion, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment