Thursday, March 26, 2015

Flipping Through the Dollar Bin

I will occasionally have a look at the dollar bins. While usually it's a vast collection of shitty dance 12"s and Herb Alpert lps and the like, every once in a while you come across something kind of interesting like this masterpiece:



It's New Wave, but with the vague pretensions of seriousness and pomp of certain aspects of Prog rock. It's bad, kinda, but nevertheless pretty entertainingly so. Prog New Wave. Such a lost musical opportunity that the world was probably never ready for.

Here. I'll let Jim Guido give you some of the skinny:

"...The album as a whole depicts the struggle of urban youth to find their way in a rapidly decaying society. I find it interesting that many of the lyrics of this album have become even more relevant than they were 30 years ago.."

So fucking deep. Really speaks truth. I may just become a Libertarian now.

He's got a slightly remastered version for sale on Bandcamp if you feel the need to upgrade the sound from my cruddy straight from vinyl version. And why wouldn't you? It'll only set you back four bucks, which granted is four times what I paid for my copy, but hey, it's your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment