Thursday, March 19, 2015

Chicago Scores

A while back (at least as far as when this post will show up as opposed to when I'm actually typing this up and setting it loose in the queue) I made a quick trip down to Chicago to go and see the big "David Bowie Is..." Exhibit at the MCA Chicago. It was fab and had a bunch of stuff and costumes and ephemera. David Bowie's cocaine spoon was on display. It was a wonderful time.

While I was there I got to hang with a wonderful friend I hadn't seen in way way too long and she proceeded to chauffeur us around to just about every record store in town. I spent a lot more money than I'd wanted, but there was so much that I'd never physically seen that I knew I'd better just go ahead and pick it up while I could.

 the Lepers (1979)

ClePunk.com has a little bit of info on them. Doesn't matter. It's Cleveland, 1979. It's punk rock. It's on the same label as the Pagans. There's a song called "Coitus Interruptus". There's cowbell. I picked it up pretty cheap because there's a huge ugly scuff mark on the b-side which looks bad, but doesn't effect the grooves. I'm pleased with this purchase.


 the Panik (1977)

Manchester band with some vague tenuous Joy Division connections. It's loud. It's UK punk. It didn't sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment