Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kindercore Single of the Month Club: September, October

Last two



 Of Montreal & Ladybug Transistor

I'm not a fan of Of Montreal. They're a little too precious even for me. I gave them one cd and a couple of live shows, but they ended up just annoying me. Their bass player at this time was quite attractive though, so they had that going for them. Ladybug Transistor put out a couple of rather entertaining albums and here do a cover of "Galveston" composed by the legendary Jimmy Webb and made famous by Glen Campbell. It does not suck.


Papas Fritas & Masters of the Hemisphere

Papas Fritas are well enough of a known entity now, but were still toiling in pop obscurity at this time. I don't know Masters of the Hemisphere from Adam. On either side of this the bands cover Fleetwood Mac to varying degrees of success.

And thus ends the Kindercore Singles of the Month collection until such time as the final two singles are made available somehow lo these many years later. I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

  1. Figured I should offer up a "thanks" for your review/synapses of the ol' Kindercore singles club. I too was a "member", but had totally forgotten about them. I recently tackled organizing all my 45's, and was going crazy trying to find the Nov/Dec issues. Started googling and stumbled onto your blog, which provided the answer. Bummer they never finished what they started. Thanks again for the info, and thanks as well to upload all of the singles - nice to have the mp3's. Cheers,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be of service.

    At some point in the distant past I have a vague recollection that there was some mention on an Elephant 6 Yahoo group that they were going to make the final two available as a download.

    But then nothing more was heard...

    ReplyDelete