Sunday, March 15, 2015

Beast

Sometimes you just have a cover to go on. I could not resist the call of Beast when I came across the first 45.

 
 
The dude's dressed up like a fucking cow. A Cow! How the hell am I supposed to resist that? It's impossible. You just can't do it. There is absolutely no escaping grabbing this 45 and running to the counter and slapping down some folding money. It's the kind of sleeve art that begs the question of what kind of weird ass music does this Proto-Furry nutjob make? You have to motherfucking know. You just have to.

And the answer is Beast .



 
It seems that Beast was the band formed by Bryan Gregory in the wake of his rather unceremonious and acrimonious parting with the Cramps in 1980.


 


This is apparently everything they produced in their brief existence. It's every bit as goth as it looks but unfortunately not nearly as amusing or entertaining as the sleeves would have you expect. Kind of dreary actually. It's no wonder the band didn't last though, I'm pretty sure that there's no way they could sustain a viable career. Their Aquanet expenses must have been astronomical.


2 comments:

  1. Holy hell, what a post!! I never been a huge Cramps fan, not being too much into rockabilly, but being a strong admirer for sure, if that math adds up, but I do love the early goth shit, especially from the West Coast where I grew up and still live, so this is some awesome shit I was never aware of before and so I thank you very kindly for this and for so much more that your awesome site provides. Cheers from San Francisco!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oh yeah, that dude is dressed up like a fucking cow!!! You won't find some investment banker type pulling that shit off, fucking loser...

    ReplyDelete