Friday, June 8, 2018

The Homer & Jethro Project #60


Fucking Hell.

Sixty fucking Homer and fucking Jethro fucking posts.

Will this well never run dry?







November 1969 - lsp-4274 - Nashville String Band

So another couple of years after the last time they released an Lp of straight pop instrumental tunes Homer & Jethro with probably very little arm twisting on their part teamed up with Chet Atkins under the name of the Nashville String Band and recorded this record.

They, in fact, recorded another five after this one. (Well, three more with Homer, anyway). It's a bit of a Spanish/Mexican influenced record no doubt to try and catch on the latter end of the coattails of Herb Albert and his Tijuana Brass. I don't think it really worked, but sales were apparently sufficient to let them continue. So there is that.

I know at other various points in my life I'd have totally shit on this one. It would infuriate me as pure inconsequential nothingness. Virtual fucking Muzak . But now that I'm old enough to laugh at what a pretentious little prick I used to be I can appreciate it for what it is.




I made a meatloaf while I recorded this. It was very good music for making meatloaf to.




La Fiesta 2:30
Yellow Bird 3:18
El Paso 2:47
Granada 2:49
Adios Amigos 2:29
La Golondrina = The Swallow 1:51
Caribbean 2:24
Tomorrow's Tears (Morir Un Poco) 2:07
Maria Elena 3:17
Drina 2:35
In A Little Spanish Town 2:13

2 comments:

  1. Run dry? Gosh, I hope not! Thanks for the H&J hemorrhage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly gathering up another small stack of Chet Atkins singles that they contributed to. So there's still yet a little dribble more that I may have in a year or so when I've got them all and digitized.

    ReplyDelete