Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Homer & Jethro Project #64



#64

It goes on and forward.







May 1971 - lsp-4553 - NSB - Strung Up

Another pop instrumental contribution.

Of note are a really pretty hot version of the Monkees tune and original contributions by Chet Atkins & Jethro Burns ("Alhambra" & ""Flaky", respectively)

I mean, I feel like I should really have more to say about these Nashville String Band records than I do. But I don't. They'll have to speak for themselves. Though it is kind of a shame to  a certain extent that these kind of light pop instrumental records don't really get made much any more.
It's a niche market, but someone needs to make that niche viable again.
 



Last Train To Clarksville 2:25
Nola 2:24
Geneviève (Shawn-vee-ev) 2:12
Opryland 2:40
Happy Ending 1:56
Alhambra 2:42
El Condor Pasa 2:10
Tennessee Waltz 2:36
The Birth Of The Blues 2:10
Flaky 2:03

No comments:

Post a Comment