Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Homer & Jethro Project #61


I'm actually listening to the Holy Modal Rounders while I type this. There were a few stray Lps that I didn't have digital copies or cds of, so I'm making my own. These are just for me anyway. I'm pretty sure I've already pissed off most of the people who had formerly been keeping this thing on their radar. No need to dig that hole deeper.

I'm also planning on killing the last couple of inches of whisky in that bottle while I do all of it.

It's six months ago and while it looks to warm up considerably for the next couple of days it's been nothing but negative numbers for the last couple of weeks and sitting here with a space heater, records and whisky seems like a perfectly sensible thing to be doing right now.
It's still plenty cold out there.







May 1970 - lsp-4363 - NSB - Down Home

Here we are again with the next installment of sweet pop instrumental jamming from the Boys & Chester. This time we're hitting on some classic country tunes that they already knew. The back of the jacket makes a point to let you, the listener, know that all the instruments on it are acoustic. No electrics.

It works for me.



Under The Double Eagle 2:24
Just A Closer Walk With Thee 2:36
The Arkansas Traveler 1:55
Cold, Cold Heart 2:34
Fraulein 1:59
Wildwood Flower 2:01
Tennessee Rag 2:17
Maiden's Prayer 2:23
South 2:52
Mockingbird Hill 3:00

No comments:

Post a Comment