Sunday, November 11, 2018

1997


It's one of those nights where I have a sudden realization that there is a cat in my lap. I have no conscious recollection of her getting there. It's as if she magically materialized there in a warm purring puddle.

Cat people will understand.


Lucy (1997)

It's conceivable based on the sleeve for this Hulaboy release that one or both of the boys in the band (Stewart and/or Eric) are dog people. Lucy looks like she was a good dog.

I personally don't understand the division of such things. I just like animals. A cat just fits into my lifestyle better. She can be left alone for long periods of time, shits in a box and curls up very nicely with me when I sleep without hogging too much of the bed.
A dog is just so much more of a time commitment. Love them.
Consider it probably for the best if I  don't have one of my own.


 High School Dance (1997)

With nothing to really link posts together, I'm taking the easy  way out with the year. So in the same year that Hulaboy released the above, Danielle Howle committed this single to wax and Sub Pop found it in their beady little hearts to unleash it upon the world. We're glad they did.
Well I am anyway. And at least one friend who I put it on a cassette for in and or around that time.
So that's at least two people. Maybe you'll make it three.

One can only hope.

(Also I think you can punch South Carolina on your Fifty States card with this one)




No comments:

Post a Comment