Saturday, November 30, 2019

Better Than Imitation Crab


This is a continuation.
I'm halfway through ripping those cds I mentioned in the previous post.
I'm also still listening to the previous Lp and stalling before I switch to this one for while I type out this current post. It helps.

Anyway




Imitation Life (1981)

Yeah, here is the follow up by Robin Lane & the Chartbusters

It's called "Imitation Life"
Seems like Warner Brothers gave them one more chance.

It's another strong effort. Does not fall prey to the dreaded sophomore slump. 

 I'd be hard pressed to consider which track ought to have been the single. Warner Bros. went with "Solid Rock" though I might have gone with "Imitation Life" or even "Pretty Mala"  since it's a nice upbeat pop song on what's actually a slightly darker album overall. As I remember it, local radio station WBCN played "Send Me an Angel" a bunch at the time long before Clear Channel came along and ruined radio for everybody.

But alas. Nada.

Another dollar record and this one without even a compact disc reissue.

They lasted on Warner Brothers for one more Live Ep (which I don't have. I used to have it in my Discogs wantlist, but I'd get inundated by so many copies in the daily email that I had to take it out)

Well, I like it and I'm enjoying listening to it.
You do the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment