Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Universal Donor


I'm out of ideas...

Looks like I went on some kind of nostalgic binge for local Boston area things at around the same time so the SSC to post folder has a bunch of them clustered together from around the same creation date.

I suppose I'll just go with it.




O Positive and their particular brand of emotive chorus pedal abuse were a pretty big fucking deal in the area when they first appeared. The women I hung out with were certainly quite enamored of them and their sound. I ended up seeing them more than I really cared to at the time, but I went with my friends and there was beer. I like beer.

It's hard to tell which was the bigger song for them at the time of this release, "With You" was certainly a panty dampener but "Weight of Days" was a pretty normal closer.

All in all this is a very pleasant romp and chock full of weird sense memories of things like the bathroom at Spit/Metro or the smell of the Paradise from days long long gone when I was young and dumb and didn't know enough to appreciate it.

And here we are at a distance looking back with gray hairs not even fully remembering it, just the vague feeling of remembering.

I should probably eat something.
Melancholy nostalgia is usually a sign of low blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment