Thursday, April 4, 2019

1978


I really need a shower. I also have an eye appointment in the morning. It's been a few years and my guess is that I'll need the bifocals upped a notch. At least I should be able to just add new lenses to the glasses I currently have. So I've got that at least.

Here's a pair from 1978



Crazy Paving (1978)

So it's 1978. Punk rock has a name and the public consciousness. It's kind of been and from everywhere, but as far as most people know (and still mostly believe) it's primarily associated with the English.

This is Billy Karloff Band single is considered punk rock at the time and still labelled as such.




Peer Pressure (1978)

Ebeneezer and the Bludgeons were from Baltimore, MD. It's also 1978. They're also considered punk rock.

There's also a song on it making fun of Nazis. Who would have thought that four decades later that it would still be relevant.

Unfortunately for me, this is not an original copy, but a 2015 reissue on Windian Records. You may still be able to buy your own copy. Buy something at least. Don't be a deadbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment