Friday, April 26, 2019

And Now for Something Else


I need a shower.
I'm typing instead.
For now.




Bella Vista (1998)

So recently I've been kind of exploring the world of 90's indie pop. And there's a metric ton of it.

While the rest of the world was getting grungy and dancing and all kinds of other tedious things, there existed a small secret underworld of people making sweet delicate pop music on a legion of tiny bedroom labels. It's some fascinating stuff.

This is but one fine example. It's by Bella Vista.

Prepare your earholes because there's going to be a lot of it...




Recordando (1998)

This is a release on the Spanish pop label Elefant of the elusive recording artist Ana D.

I like it and don't even want to try and describe it.
I don't need to. You listen. You come up with your own set of adjectives and adverbs.
Leave me out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment