Thursday, April 11, 2019

Still Not Feeling It, but Need to Complete


I'm still kind of pissed.

I'm also going through a fresh batch of things that arrived in the mail the other day and which may or may not appear here in the future. A couple of real gems so far tonight that I might not have found if a Discogs seller wasn't selling wonderful things cheap.

But that will be for another day. I'm typing and listening and doing a shit job at both.

Here's the other Bomb Pops single:




Won't Find It (1995)

Here's the other Bomb Pops single. This one is on the Bus Stop Label.




Bugbear (1992)

It's the first Bugbear single with noted economist Amelia Fletcher OBE and her brother Matthew. They were also in Heavenly and Talulah Gosh

That is all.

5 comments:

  1. I have a vague memory of the Bomb Pops releasing a single called "Bob Stinson". It could be a false memory; my mind is like a trash can, as the song goes. It could have been a different band using the name Bomb Pops, but it kinda makes sense that it would be a MPLS band. Anyway I am glad that you are sticking with this blogging thing, and sticking it to the haters and whiners who complain about the quality of rips that are freely shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I'm aware, that's not them.

      Grimsey did put out a collected cd called "Recommended for Diversion Seekers" with their total output in 1999. Nothing like that's on there. It could be in the lyrics of a song though. I haven't listened to all the songs enough to have them in memory.

      Delete
    2. OK, I found it. Different band, similar name. I'm just glad I didn't imagine it. Thanks for your reply!

      discogs.com/Bombpop-Anita-Hill/release/2102374

      Delete
    3. I'm going to add it to my wantlist.

      My only personal encounter with Bob in the Twin Cities was some light chatter while we went through the singles bin at Garage D'or Records one time in the early 90's. He was very pleasant but smelled of sweat and booze which made me less inclined to hang around and chat.

      Delete
    4. I talked to Tommy once before a late 80's show. He was disinterested but polite. I don't blame him; I asked lots of dumb questions. My ex GF said he sang to her once before a Mats show. I can't blame him for that either. She was a fine looking young lady.

      Delete