Saturday, January 1, 2022

I'm Still Trying to Save your New Year's Party

 

Ok, I don't have any Fleshtones albums for you this year. 

But I have something that might work and will ring in and or out the year quite nicely.



Show World (1996)


Redd Kross.

I've seen the brothers McDonald and all who sail with them a number of times over the years. The last time in, I want to say, 2017. I brought the wife and even knowing fuck all about them she had a good time.
They grew up in Hawthorne, California which also birthed brothers Wilson who became the Beach Boys. There must be something in the water.

Those late 80s shows were something. More hair waving than a metal show. And so much fun.
And those Cds from their brief stint with major label are really hard to find these days after languishing in cutout bins for so many years. Whenever I can find one at a reasonable price I pick it up and curse myself for not doing it sooner.

Criminally underrated stuff.

See you on the other side.

2 comments:

  1. Back in '93, I was channel-surfing and caught the vid of "Jimmy's Fantasy" on MuchMusic (Canadian version of MTV). I just had to get the CD. I haven't played it in years and only recall a few tracks worth noting. I should dig it out. So anyway, skip ahead to '96/'97, and during one of our jam nights, another guitarist mentioned "Redd Kross" and recommended, "Show World."

    I've never seen the guitarist again nor bothered with "Show World"... until now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen them a number of times starting back late 80s. Always a great live band.

    They still tour too with Jeff MacDonald and Dale Crover splitting time between Redd Kross and Melvins.

    ReplyDelete