Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Question Remains

 So here we are.

It's officially 2022.

Fingers crossed it doesn't suck any worse than last year.


Amateur (2005)

So the question at the start of any year in my head is:

 "What's a good and auspicious thing to post for the first post of the year that's going to be cool and bode well for all the crap that's going to come after?"

I've decided to go with this.

Hisoft, from Philadelphia.

There's no telling if they survived long enough to fade away in the pandemic, but the only thing on their Bandcamp above is from 2017.

However in 2005 they were just under the radar enough to warrant a short article in Spin magazine. Online at least. Who knows if anybody ever read about them in the print magazine.

As it stands though this is the very kind of dreamy indiepop that's been floating my particular barge down the muddy Nile of my mind and flooding the banks with serotonin.

Thus it is with that in mind that I offer it to you on this the first day of the year to soothe your hangover.

It might go well with a Bloody Mary and a New Year's Brunch.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love bandcamp. Although there are more misses, it's the hits that keep me coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete