Sunday, January 9, 2022

Split Lp Flattened.

 

This post is brought to you by the wonders of gravity.


From Akron (1977)


So a while back on a trip to Chicago while at a now defunct record store I scored among other things a handful of NOS records on the Clone Records label out of Ohio since I liked a few things on the label like Tin Huey and I'm an obsessive collector of things which means that I am required to track down every other release on the label to have it catalogued and properly filed away in my archives.
It's what I do for fun. I probably should have been a librarian.

Anyway. I got a sealed copy of this one. However, as sometimes occurs with ancient sealed records the outer plastic will sometimes shrink. So upon first opening it and tossing it excitedly on the turntable I was met with an unfortunate dish warp which rendered it slightly unplayable.

Having previously done some failed unwarping experiments on other records. I sighed deeply and set it aside. Later on and with nothing else to lose I pulled it back out and stuck it between two large ceramic floor tiles and set it under the stacks of seven inch boxes and promptly forgot that it was there.
It was some long time later. Like close to two years, I think. I found it again and put it on the turntable again and Voila! the magic of gravity and pressure had done a sufficient job to render the Lp playable enough to make this rip.

It's a split lp with the Bizarros and Rubber City Rebels each taking a side to ply their underground rocking wares.

I don't know about you, but I could use a brain job right about now.

I think we as a country if not a planet could do as well.

3 comments:

  1. Ah ... making a diamond out of a lump of coal. Having these (lp & bonus Rubber City Rebels single) is a real treat. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, great stuff. Do these comments ever post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, but for some reason I sometimes have problems getting the reply box to work. It's odd and pretty random.

      Delete